Page 4 of 4
• Jan. 17, 2012: During a community forum, UM President Royce Engstrom says the ongoing investigation into the recent spate of sexual assaults has "indicated an association with patterns of behavior of a small number of student athletes."
• Jan. 31, 2012: UM releases the findings of Barz's investigation, which uncovered nine cases of alleged sexual assault between September 2010 and December 2011. "UM has a problem of sexual assault on and off campus and needs to take steps to address it to ensure the safety of all students as well as faculty, staff and guests," the report states.
• Jan. 31, 2012: Beau Donaldson pleads not guilty to rape.
Feb. 12, 2012: Head coach Robin Pflugrad promotes Ty Gregorak to defensive coordinator.
• Feb. 26, 2012: Linebacker Brian Maus is arrested for drunk driving after rolling his truck on Hillview Way.
• March 9, 2012: More than 20 NFL scouts watch cornerback Trumaine Johnson and other players work out at Washington-Grizzly Stadium. The NFL has called Johnson "arguably one of the best and most polished NFL prospects to come out of the Big Sky Conference in quite some time."
• March 9, 2012: A woman files a temporary restraining order against quarterback Jordan Johnson, alleging that he sexually assaulted her. The order is later dismissed and a civil agreement is reached ordering that Johnson and his accuser avoid contact. That allows Johnson to return to practice March 24, which "fired up" his teammates, Pflugrad reportedly said, noting Johnson's "character and tremendous moral fiber."
• March 15, 2012: UM implements a new Student-Athlete Conduct Code, which includes an Athletic Conduct Team charged with enforcing code policies and imposing penalties on students who violate them.
• March 22, 2012: UM President Royce Enstrom closes the sexual assault investigation. "The events of the past few months have delivered a critical message to the university," he writes in a memo that outlines changes in school policies. "Now we must focus on the goal of eliminating sexual assault from our campus. I will expect and hold accountable every member of my administration and indeed every member of the campus as a whole to do his or her utmost to address that goal."
• March 28, 2012: Houston Roots, a senior starter at cornerback in 2011, is arrested for allegedly assaulting a female friend. He pleads not guilty.
• March 29, 2012: UM decides "not to renew the contracts" of athletic director Jim O'Day and football coach Robin Pflugrad, effective immediately. The school gives no explanation for the dismissals.
• March 30, 2012: UM football players pen a letter to Griz Nation, saying, "We understand and accept the fact that a few of our teammates' actions, whether intended and deserved or not, have contributed to this unfortunate situation."
• March 30, 2012: UM President Royce Engstrom names Mick Delaney interim head coach of the football team through the 2012 season. Engstrom names senior associate athletic director Jean Gee the interim athletic director.
• April 14, 2012: The football team's spring scrimmage is set to be played under the new, permanent lights at Washington-Grizzly Stadium, the third major addition to the stadium since 2003.