Ten points to think about
1) the species of wolf reintroduced into montana is not the original species(timber wolf)
grey wolves are more aggressive than timber wolves
2)if you want your rights protected why are you trying to take away someone elses? public lands are for all of the public trappers included not just hikers
3) trappers making money off what they trap? if you add up the costs of traps, permits, education you do have to take a class or two to be able to trap, the money from pelts does not recoup the expense.
4) animals suffering in traps.. the regulations are that all traps are checked daily and the traps are foothold only you they don't break the skin or bones in a lot of cases the animal escapes the trap and lives to see another day
5)the majority of trapper are humane and have great respect for the animals they trap and follow the rules and regulations and celebrate a lost way of life and a tradition
6)"the wild" in reality there is no such thing as the wild anymore wildlife is a managed resource.
7) the doctrine of unintended consequences. contrary to popular belief not every government ecological plan has worked out as expected, example the wild horse program there are more wild horses in holding pens than the wild is that humane? example #2 chronic wasting disease. inadvertently introduced into the wild game population by the colorado department of wild life and a highly educated and ecologically friendly biologist with very well meaning intentions... chronic wasting disease now covers most of north america.
8) cap stone predators and ecological collapse if that was the case why didn't the ecosystem collapse 100 yrs ago when the wolves were eliminated in most of the west?
9)economics: revenue for the protection of wildlife comes more from permit fees and taxes from hunters and trappers than from any other source, somthing to think about the next time your hiking on a trail that has to be maintained.
10) in the end, since extinction is the natural order of things nature will win out, sooner or later we will be the ones facing extinction to be replaced by something more adaptable, we as a species have eliminated survival of the fittest it may happen tomorrow or in 1000 yrs but it will happen.
the mistake was letting him out not putting him back so the mistake has been corrected
check out how many horses are being held in pens by the BLM after the roundups
attempts at sterilisation have not been very successful is it humane to keep these "wild horses in pens"? and the slaughterhouses do need to be regulated but since there is a stigma around the subject the only people willing to operate them are unsavory types
i see lots of complaints but no real solutions to the problems the system is facing and those problems are getting worse since the economic downturn and the price of feed many people that owned horses are having trouble feeding them
the Southern Poverty Law Center also named christians, veterans as potential terrorists
this article does nothing to document madlows claims that NPI is a white supremacist group are they being attacked and labeled as a hate group simply because they do not support the dems version on immigration reform?
wake up if you have ever lived on the border you would know what's going on, this country is actively being infiltrated by the mexican drug cartels and MS 13 gangs granting amnesty to 22 million criminals will not help the situation and calling it something other than pandering for the hispanic vote to maintain power after doing such a great job the last few years is a lie
Missoula News/Independent Publishing |
Powered by Foundation