Camping, Hiking, Hunting
A man who believes in personal liberty and freedom... I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice ! And…
GUN OWNERSHIP SAVES LIVES
• Gun ownership also saves money. Nationwide, each one percent increase in the number of people owning guns reduces crime victim costs by over $3 billion.
• Concealed handgun carry by private citizens reduces violent crimes, including rape, murder, aggravated assault and robbery, throughout the entire community and in surrounding communities.
• When a state passes a right-to-carry law, crime reduction is immediate and substantial, and crime-reduction benefits continue to grow the longer the law is in effect.
• The greater the number of concealed handgun permits issued, the greater the reduction in crime.
• Mass shootings in public places are reduced to virtually zero within four or five years after right-to-carry laws are passed – except in designated “gun- free” zones, such as schools, where self-defense is known to be prohibited.
• The largest drops in violent crime from concealed handgun carry occur in the most urban areas with the greatest populations and the highest crime rates.
• Citizens who do not carry guns benefit equally from the crime reduction which results when other citizens carry guns. The people who benefit most from this “halo” effect are women, children, the elderly and blacks.
• Of all the methods studied by economists, the carrying of concealed handguns is by far the most cost-effective method for reducing crime. Each and every concealed handgun permit issued reduces total economic losses to crime victims by $3,000 – $5,000.
• The Brady Law, other mandated waiting periods, safe-storage laws and one-gun-a-month laws all increase crime, especially rape.
• Background checks, training requirements and age restrictions have no crime-reduction benefits.
Missoula News/Independent Publishing |
Powered by Foundation