Narrow Search

  • Show Only

  • Category

  • Narrow by Date

Comment Archives: stories: News: Opinion: Last 7 Days

Re: “Exempt this

While this article is very funny in a sarcastic way, it totally misses the point of the ruling. The ruling does not say that the owners of Hobby Lobby do not have to pay taxes to the Federal Gov., even if some of their tax money is used to fund the very types of birth control methods that they morally object to. It only says that the Feds can not force them to spend some of their personal money on morally unacceptable methods of birth control. Whether they should be morally unacceptable is left to them to decide, on religious freedom grounds. But if the owners of Hobby Lobby morally objected to spending tax dollars on expanding the interstate highway, this case would have no baring.

0 likes, 1 dislike
Posted by Tim on 07/20/2014 at 4:09 PM

Re: “Exempt this

I find it sad that the author of this "trash" (article) would defame God, misuse scripture and taunt true Christians....but GOD said" there is a day reserved for his judgment" so I'll just let it go at that.

4 likes, 29 dislikes
Posted by Tony Hill on 07/17/2014 at 12:08 PM

Re: “Exempt this

2% of women in this country get abortions each year. I wish the plights of the other 98% got as much attention as them.

5 likes, 9 dislikes
Posted by Greg Strandberg on 07/17/2014 at 8:08 AM

Re: “Exempt this

While I appreciate the humour here, you have misstated the Court's decision, which only limited the kinds of birth control Hobby Lobby will pay for. Those are mostly the ones used after conception occurs. Of course, this may be related to your comment that you don't bother to read, so perhaps you just based your opinion on a rumour.
I don't believe the decision also forces people who work at Hobby Lobby to stay there, which would be like slavery, sort of. So if you refuse to pay for your own abortion method, you are free to leave. Most people wouldn't do that because their wages are so much better than a lot of places.
Personally, I think birth control should not be controlled by the government telling everyone that the wholesale disposal of children is just the best thing that could possibly be. Hillary famously said she just "loved" Planned Parenthood, and those of us who do read know about the eugenics that were the foundations of it.
I do find it amusing that the people who are most vocal about the birth control issue are men. Wonder what your mother's decision would have been?

4 likes, 26 dislikes
Posted by Thinker on 07/17/2014 at 7:55 AM

© 2014 Missoula News/Independent Publishing | Powered by Foundation